Friday, December 5, 2008

Amazing Ice Crystal Discovery



Hmmm, time to put your thinking caps on and try to discover why and how these crystals formed. Was it the damp ground, the mud, the fence? Why were they in on particular location? Will they come back? Why did it look like they were growing out of the ground? Why did they look like shards of broken glass?

A few days ago two of my friends discovered ice crystals growing from the ground. Both of them showed me the ice crystals and I measured the heat and they were at least 40 or 30 degrees they were also 3 in. We didn’t get much information because they melted, but used my pencil to make a circle in the ground and some of the pieces showed up proving that they grow underground. We saw tiny pieces left on the ground. On the first day of discovery my friends took 4 pictures of the ice crystals and showed it to the class. The whole class was amazed. JH

My friend and I have made a discovery,ice crystals growing out of the ground! They are about 3 in., and 50 to 40 degrees Fahrenheit.My friend drew a circle in the ground and some pieces showed up. They were sparkling and glistening! But unfortunately, we did not get much information because they melted. They were still fun to look at ! hope you like our pics.! THANKS, LM

1 comment:

Creek View News said...

i like how you found and took the picture.

smr